Dragon Con Parade

  • Lori Hannis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010

      Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.”
      ~Arthur Rubinstein

      http://lhannis.blogspot.cGreetings all,

      Are you coming to DragonCon this year? Come march in the parade with us, Saturday, September 4. We're gathering at 9am at Woodruff Park, the parade starts at 10am. Please come in costume! If you have banners, musical instruments or anything else to add to the ambience, bring them. We have a chariot that was a great hit last year. We will need some help pulling it. The same two guys pulled it the entire way last year. We'd like to have a few folks to trade off. It's quite light and if there are a few people, it's pretty easy.

      Fighters, both heavy and rapier are especially welcome and have proven very popular in parades past!

      My cell phone is 404-805-9602 if you want more details or have trouble finding us in the crowd. Everyone was very friendly last year, helping people find their groups and getting organized. Oh, and there is a Starbucks across the street. This is a good thing.

      Please email me off-list if you are planning on coming and if you plan to bring any acccoutrements or can help pull the chariot for a bit.

      Please feel free to post this to other lists, the more the merrier.

      Thanks all, this was really fun last year!

      YIS,

      Emeline l'Espicier

    • lilinah@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2010
        Emeline l'Espicier wrote:
        >Are you coming to DragonCon this year? Come march in the parade with
        >us, Saturday, September 4. We're gathering at 9am at Woodruff Park,
        >the parade starts at 10am.
        SNIP

        This list has members from many places, so it would be helpful to
        include location, location, location. In what city/town/village is
        Woodruff Park? And in what state/province/country?

        Is this an SCA event? Based on posts to other lists, i suspect not,
        but i don't really know.

        I realize the event is now over, but this applies to other posts
        anyone may make

        Thank you.
        --
        Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
        Principality of the Mists, West Kingdom
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2010
          Dragon Con is in Atlanta, GA and it's a Sci-fi/Fantasy/Gaming/comics/movie etc etc Convention. And it probably is one of the biggest if not thee biggest Convention of it's type.

          Not everyone has heard of it, but ALOT of people have, which is probably why the location info was not included in the person's post. It's been going on for over 24 years now. But yes, people shouldn't assume everyone has heard of it.

          Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:24 PM
          Subject: Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Dragon Con Parade