Fwd: SCA Census

  • Robin Kennedy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2010
      Keep in mind it doesn't start before or after 1 Aug.

      Lady Maereta
      ************************************
      "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."
      ************************************

      Begin forwarded message:

      Date: July 31, 2010 6:48:36 PM CDT
      To: "Mistig Waetru" <sca-l@...>
      Subject: [sca-l] SCA Census

      For those who are not on the Northshield List.
      This goes live tomorrow, Aug. 1 and is for members and non-members alike; all who participate in the Dream. Margyt

      Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:19:57 -0500
      From: Travis Willer <charismos.of.lacedaemon@...>
      To: northshield@...
      Subject: [Northshield] SCA Census

      In case you missed it with preparations to head East....

      The SCA 2010 Census is now LIVE!

      The SCA is us ? you and me doing what we do. But who are we, what do we do,
      and how can we support each other to make the SCA the type of organization
      we can be proud of?

      The SCA 2010 Census committee has been asked by the Board of Directors to
      develop a census-level survey that will help us to address key issues
      facing the SCA. These issues affect our everyday experience in the SCA;
      from "pay for participation" issues and award structures to quantitative,
      qualitative, motivational, and behavioral demographics such as age, gender,
      activities and interest areas, and reasons for joining, remaining in, and
      leaving the SCA.

      Because this is a "census-level" survey, we are attempting to reach each
      and every SCA participant, regardless of whether or not they are paid
      members or are currently active. Everyone's voice is important to the
      success of this project.

      This information will help us, as an organization, move forward into the
      next decade, to identify, address and work on current issues and gain a
      better, deeper understanding into what makes the SCA what it is today. Your
      SCA better organization in the future. The only way we can understand what
      is important is by hearing from you.

      The survey is completely anonymous, you will never be asked for information
      that will identify you.

      The SCA 2010 Census Survey is available here:
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCA2010Census

      The Survey will remain open until December 1st. Once the data collection is
      completed, the results of this survey will be made available on the SCA
      2010 Census website. All data that is collected or published will remain
      completely anonymous and will not be sold or shared beyond this survey?s
      purpose.

      If you would like to learn more about the SCA 2010 Census, if you have
      questions or ideas about the project, please contact the committee at
      scacensus2010@ sca.org .

      Please take the time to fill out the survey. The voices of each and every
      participant in the SCA whether you are currently active or not, will help
      us to better understand the SCA and enable us to grow and flourish as an
      organization.

      Sincerely,
      - The SCA 2010 Census Committee

      --
      Don Charimmos of Lakadaimonias aka Charismos
      Kingdom of Northshield

      "We're just Harmless, Historical Nuts.
      Who wear boiler plate on our butts.
      Who dress up clothes from the 12th century.
      And bash on each other with sticks and debris.

      And make up the world's largest private army...
      Harmless, Historical Nuts."
      - Leslie Fish