Re: Hello

  • Audrey
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1 10:52 AM
      --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Dana" <danadkr@...> wrote:

      > Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West

      I am glad to meet you. I love to learn about the growing conditions of other areas. I live in East Central Florida...within sight of the Space Center..and we have very different growing conditions, I believe, than you do. I've been growing herbs for the last 25 years, and have found that florida is a challenge and a half. We don't have a winter..per se....but have a less hot period. LOL. Though this past winter we got one of our quarter century freezes and I lost all but one of my frangipani. Alot of other things too. One of our Royal palms died from the cold. I would like to chat more with you, but right now I'm out of time.

      YIS
      Audrey E. Taylor...
      Shire of Starhaven...Kingdom of Trimaris.
    • Jennifer Heise
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1 12:42 PM
        Greetings! Maythen is "Chamomile" in Anglo-saxon, isn't it?
        -- Jadwiga

        --
        Jennifer Heise

        known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
      • Dana Kramer-Rolls
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 1 2:49 PM

          Yup, and I still have a registered badge of a chamomile plant.  When I have trouble with heralds, I can always say that Maythen is a variant spelling of Matthew, and women used men’s saints names, but I picked Maythen specifically because it is AS for chamomile.  Maythen

          Greetings! Maythen is "Chamomile" in Anglo-saxon, isn't it?
          -- Jadwiga

          On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Dana <danadkr@...> wrote:

          Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West

          --
          Jennifer Heise

          known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

        • Eric Kobuck Wagner
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 5 2:53 PM
            Hey Maythen.....how ya doing?  Long time no see.

            How is Bill?

            Aricia