Vivant SCA!!!

  • Robin Kennedy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010

      Begin forwarded message:

      Message: 4
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:04:21 -0500
      From: Linda Moore <gwyneth1362@...>
      To: <northshield@...>
      Subject: [Northshield] May, 1966

      I can't believe this hasn't been here (maybe I missed it, but...)

      In May, 1966:

      May 3 ? Swinging Radio England and Britain Radio commence broadcasting on AM.
      May 16 - The Communist Party of China issues the 'May 16 Notice', marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
      Bob Dylan's seminal album, Blonde on Blonde is released in the U.S.
      May 25

      Explorer program: Explorer 32 is launched.
      In St. Louis, Missouri, U.S. Vice-President Hubert Humphrey and U.S. Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall dedicate the Gateway Arch, as part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial.

      AND

      The SCA was begun in California.

      Happy Birthday, folks.  Thanks for giving me 28 years of fun, fellowship, friendship, and little bit of history along the way.

      Gwyneth

    • Marian Walke
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2010
        Robin Kennedy wrote:

        In May 1966
        >> The SCA was begun in California.
        >>
        >> Happy Birthday, folks. Thanks for giving me 28 years of fun,
        >> fellowship, friendship, and little bit of history along the way.

        The fact I know what "vivant" means is proof I've learned something
        since I started playing in AS V.

        The SCA is where I found my friends, my love, a lot of my education, and
        an incredible amount of entertainment and pleasure. Vivant indeed!

        Old Marian (wishing you all a Happy New AS Year)