lavendar

  • Kristine Mann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2009
      I have a couple more questionson lavendar. Why are some varities edible, and others not. Is it flavor, or something else? Spanish Lavendar is different , but how. I never could find the answer.
      L. Mairsile Kendrick
      Living in the high desert of Idaho.
    • lynxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2009
        --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, Kristine Mann <fishbrat@...> wrote:

        > I have a couple more questionson lavendar. Why are some varities edible, and others not. Is it flavor, or something else? Spanish Lavendar is different , but how. I never could find the answer.
        > L. Mairsile Kendrick
        > Living in the high desert of Idaho.

        Spanish lavender is Lavendula stoechas, a different species from the English Lavendula angustifolia. It is also known as "false lavender"; you know what the Elizabethan English thought of anything Spanish.

        There was a recent discussion on this board about uses of different lavenders, angustifolia for culinary uses, etc.