Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Medieval cold and flu?

  • Mindslashed
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 24, 2009
      huh. cool.
      we learn something new every day :)

      -Kuromori Fumiyo, Master Herbalist

      --- On Thu, 9/24/09, McIsaac & Capnerhurst <cageytlc@...> wrote:

      From: McIsaac & Capnerhurst <cageytlc@...>
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Medieval cold and flu?
      To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 3:01 PM

      I took plenty, in tincture and other forms.  And I took it in many different regimes as well.  As herbalists, most of us are trained to feel and judge effects on our bodies.  I never found Ech. did a thing for me.

      Years later, my mentor told me that Ech. doesn't work on 'O's.  Years after that, I found out my blood type was O.  Since it's immune action lies in boosting T cell count, it is possible that certain kinds of blood are less stimulated by the herb.  I'm not a 'blood type' kinda gal, but I'll have to go with my experience.

      " If you have type ‘O' blood group you may find Echinacea tincture doesn't work as well for you but Plantain tincture may work very well."

      "which, unlike Echinacea, can be recommended for all blood types."  http://www.forresth ealth.com/ store/Blood- Type-O/

      http://www.Mistical AcScents. etsy.com
      Organic, fair trade, handmade herbal treats and cosmetics.
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 29, 2009
        Salt. Sprinkle it on your carpet. Salt dries out fleas and their eggs. Vacuum later. Also, you can rigg up a fleas catcher for night time use. I used a night light with an extention cord, taped to the bottom brace of a kitchen chair. Under the light, fill a cake pan with about 1/4" of water and a few drops of soap. The soap breaks the surface tension causing the fleas to sink. You will find fewer and fewer fleas in the pan the longer you do this. Plus, it is non-toxic.