Help wanted for 9/12: Herbal Symposium in Maplewood NJ

  • Jennifer Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2009
      Ladies & Gents, I'm sorry to come to you so late with this, but my
      other project has been occupying my mind. (Last week he learned to
      roll over! :) )

      Settmour Swamp has graciously agreed to hold an Herbal Symposium on
      September 12 in Maplewood NJ at the Maplewood Garden Club.
      http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1752

      We need teachers and attendees!

      If you are willing to come and either teach or learn something
      herb-related, I want to hear from you Pretty please? We need classes
      on ordinary herb growing and using, on period herbal medicine and
      apothecary practice, on herbs and spices in cooking, on the use of
      herbs in everyday life, on the humors, on stones and metals in period
      medicine and superstition, even other botanical-related classes. (I'd
      really love to see a class on embroidering a sweet bagge, or one on
      spinning flax!)

      There will also be a baking expo, so cooks are especially requested to
      come and enter!

      Please, please contact me if you are interested.

      Again, sorry for the late notice!
      -- Metressa Jadwiga