Re: [[SCA-Herbalist] "Female problems" LONG]

  • bookitty2002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
      --- In SCA-Herbalist@egroups.com, Jerrine Bergman
      <jerrine.bergman@u...> wrote:
      > Get your thyroid checked.

      Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.

      I have had my thyroid checked 7 times (Dr. says it's
      fine)......Arrrgghhh.

      I just got back from the Mayo Clinic because of all the weight
      changes, dry skin, etc. (it seems I'm a walking poster child for Hypo-
      Thyroidism). Haven't gotten the tests results back yet though. I
      rec'd all my records from previous Drs. prior to my visit to the
      Mayo, and looked at the Thyroid tests. Every single one showed that
      my T4 is out of range. Even though I was told by my drs. "everything
      is fine"......go figure :-D

      Anyhoo, I can't wait to see the test results from Mayo.

      Again, thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'll try them & let
      you all know how they work out :-D

      Kim
    • rabraz@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
        Hi
        I am new to this list and to SCA but I have to reply to this.
        I have had the same problem. the best thing Ihave found is Dong Quai.
        The easiest ad cheapest way to take it, is to buy the whole, sliced and
        dried root from an oriental herb caravan (or store :) ) and bite off a
        piece about the size of a pea (or two). Once or twice a day.
        It is more palatable than any tincture I have found but you can take the
        tinture instead. Follow the directions on the bottle
        Hope this helps.
        Rabia
      • kimberly mello
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
          Hi there---yes, I to have heard of Dong Quai. I know
          that it also comes in capsule form. I'm going to read
          more on that & see if it would be good for me. First,
          I have to get my labs. back then I'm willing to try
          anything.

          Thanks again!!!

          Kim

          http://photos.yahoo.com/