FW: FW: Interesting...... Peroxide

  • Kingstaste
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009

      Out of period, but useful information nonetheless.  No Foolin’!

      Christianna

      Very Interesting......... Did you know that????

      This is what Oxi clean is... 3% peroxide

      'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store.  My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.'

      1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out.  (I do it when I bathe)
      No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes.  Use it instead of mouthwash.  (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

      2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of 'Peroxide' to keep them free of germs.

      3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell.  Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

      4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

      5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I spraye d a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

      6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day.  My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

      7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

      8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses.  It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your n ose into a tissue.

      9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day.  The pain will lessen greatly.

      10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through.  You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde.  It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

      11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus or other skin infections.

      12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them.  If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot.  Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water.  Repeat if nece ss ary.

      13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for t his.
      I could go on and on.  It is a little brown bottle no home should be without!  With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.

      Send on to others who might need to know the benefits of 3% peroxide.

    • McIsaac & Capnerhurst
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
        I get a giant bottle of industrial strength (32%) peroxide from my health food store every few months.

        I add it to orange cleaner for a powerful non-toxic spray anti-bac and viral, with scrubbing bubbles for the toilet, bathroom, kitchen.  I dilute to soak my families toothbrushes in, to take out laundry stains, esp. blood, it works for facials and acne, and I'm always finding new uses for it.

        The 32% is very corrosive and will turn you, but far, far cheaper than buying all those tiny little bottles of 5%, so I'm careful, esp. around the kids.

        Treasach

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
          > most doctors don't tell you
          > about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.

          Y'know, as a pharmacist, I'm neither a cheerleader nor an
          apologist for the physician community, but...these claims
          of an Evil Conspiracy That Doesn't Want You To Know [tm]
          rather reflect on *my* profession as well and...they're
          a bit much, don't you think?

          --
          Steffan ap Kennydd
          Check out the East Kingdom wiki at wiki.eastkingdom.org
        • Jennifer Heise
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
            I agree with Steffan-- I was just told by my OB to clean my C-section
            scar with peroxide several times a day; an older doctor told me that I
            could use a small amount of peroxide mixed with a lot of water as a
            gargle to help with a throat infection.

            -- Jadwiga

            On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Steve Mesnick <steffan@...> wrote:
            >> most doctors don't tell you
            >> about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.
            >
            > Y'know, as a pharmacist, I'm neither a cheerleader nor an
            > apologist for the physician community, but...these claims
            > of an Evil Conspiracy That Doesn't Want You To Know [tm]
            > rather reflect on *my* profession as well and...they're
            > a bit much, don't you think?
            >
            > --
            > Steffan ap Kennydd
            > Check out the East Kingdom wiki at wiki.eastkingdom.org

          • Kingstaste
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009

              In that this particular language is inflammatory and vague, you are correct.  And in claiming that a doctor (or pharmacist) would loose money if you did something economical like this, also spurious.

              I think the feeling stems from the basic approach of allopathic medicine to treat symptoms with specific drug cures, rather than take a more wholistic approach of cleaning up your act and not letting your cuts/fungus/creeping rot get out of control in the first place.  Doctors are trained to heal with pharmaceuticals.  I don’t think they are being dishonest in prescribing them, or trying to participate in a mass conspiracy.  I should think most health professionals would be thrilled to hear that you are healthy and do not need their services.

              So maybe it should be worded: “Let your doctor become a stranger!  Take care of yourself with simple and inexpensive household items and be your own primary health care provider!”  (Stop the blame game, take responsibility)

              No one likes to be slammed, and it is all a matter of perceptions.   Keep doing the good work that you do!

              Christianna