immune boosting soup stock

  • Amy Provost
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2008
      I usually cook this down for about 48 hours, strain the solids, and freeze in 2 cups quantities.  You can use it for the base of future soups and stews, or I find it a fabulous base for cooking wild rice.
      You can add a soup bone or chicken bones to the mix too, although it would be best to know the animals going in it (grass fed cow, organic antibiotic free chicken).

      1 whole garlic
      1 whole onion
      1 ginger root
      handful of thyme
      handful of astragalus
      1 package shitake mushrooms
      1/8 cup Bragg's amino acid (or sub seaweed)
      cayenne pepper to taste

      Enjoy :)
      Ameline

      --