RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Meningitis?

  • jimandandi
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2000
      I agree strongly with Aelfwyn, PLEASE go see a doctor!! Herbs for sniffles
      and bumps and bruises is okay, but this sounds much more serious!!

      Madrun

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
          Emily, I will write this here as well as send a private post. Please get
          yourself to a real doctor. We are a group of folks with a certain knowledge
          base about herbal lore, sometimes medicinal in nature. We are not a community
          of qualified physicians. We will all be very willing to offer what advice we
          can, but first and foremost that advice must be that you should see a
          physician.
          This post is not meant to denigrate the knowledge of any list member. Indeed,
          many of us have spent years researching and amassing this knowledge. It is
          wonderful to have a such a venue to share it in. But we also must acknowledge
          our limits and not try to do what we are not qualified to do.
          So, Emily, full Mom mode here---go see a doctor and then let us know how we
          can help!
          Hugs,
          Aelfwyn
        • MollyofWillows@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
            In a message dated 1/2/01 10:35:49 PM Mountain Standard Time, faun@...
            writes:

            > My question is this... maybe it isn't the flu. I am thinking more and more
            > that it is meningitis. Anyone help confirm this? Or rule this out?

            I'm not a doctor, yet. The only thing I can say is to go to the doctor. Do it
            quickly, and don't wait to see if the symptoms go away.

            Good luck!

            Lady Molly of the Willows
            Kingdom of the Outlands
            Barony of al-Barran
          • Emily Thompson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
              I just wanted to send a quick note and say thank you to everyone. I have an
              appointment with my Dr today at 11:30 and will let you know what he says.

              Emily
              faun@...
              http://www.craft-info.com
            • Greenlady
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
                Good, I am relieved you will be getting the help you need :)
                Blessings,
                GL