Re: Bumper crops

  • Robin Kennedy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      Here about 50 miles south of Lake Superior, I wild craft a lot of herbs. Yarrow, Evening Primrose, Mullein, and St. John's Wort were more abundant than I've seen in years, as were wild chamomile (pineapple weed) and thistles. My marjoram was also abundant, but my comfrey was surprisingly sparse for the first time in twenty years.

      Maereta
    • Larissa
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        Stinging nettle, Yarrow, St. Johns wort, Heather, Hops, woad, garlic,
        goldenrod and Elecampane.
        All the berries here as well - hawthorn, rose hips, Elderberries. etc
        Those were my bumper crops. I'v always been told that a bumper crop
        of berries means a bad winter so perhaps tis self explainatory.

        Larissa, Daughter of Bruce

        --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Kennedy"
        <robin.j.kennedy@...> wrote:

        > Here about 50 miles south of Lake Superior, I wild craft a lot of
        herbs.
        > Yarrow, Evening Primrose, Mullein, and St. John's Wort were more
        abundant
        > than I've seen in years, as were wild chamomile (pineapple weed) and
        > thistles. My marjoram was also abundant, but my comfrey was
        surprisingly
        > sparse for the first time in twenty years.
        >
        > Maereta

      • Laura Lovell
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
          I was wondering what herbs would grow well in shade that are period.
          I have moved to a new place and I only get indirect sunlight
          Thanks,
          Eva