RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Sleeplessness

  • jimandandi
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2000
      Greetings!!

      I am also in Meridies, in Glaedenfeld (Nashville, TN). If her sleeplessness
      comes in cycles with her menstrual cycle, I would suggest skullcap and hops
      in combinations with wild oats and black cohosh. You can cycle these, also
      try some total body tonic herbs, such as ginseng (everybody knows that one,
      because it works) and raspberry leaf, which is gentler and more specific in
      action towards women. Although I have not experimented with these
      specifically, lots of people recommend the Bach's Flower remedies. I would
      definitely check with a doctor before using any cohosh or valerian root
      though, they are pretty heavy and can have drug interactions.

      Lady Madrun, awenydd an Glyndwr
      The Henna Lady

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001

      • nazirahmarie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
          Mi'lady Katherine
          I have done some personal exploration of relaxing herbs. I had seizures for
          25 years and cured myself through self-education and experimentation.
          Without conventional medical intervention. But that is a very long story :-)
          I have been seizure-free for 6 years.
          There are several herbs that will help you get restful sleep. Among which
          are Skullcap, Kava Root,& Chamomile (German), just to name a few. Valerian
          Root should be avoided unless you study it very carefully and administer it
          very sparingly and carefully. I had some success with a combination of
          Chamomile, Fennel, Peppermint, and Anise. But I found that with any type of
          herbal treatment that your body adjusts itself to any type of treatment and
          seems to become insensitive to it. So I developed two or three combinations
          and rotated them on a weekly or monthly basis according to what my own body
          told me. Please understand that I am not prescribing by any means I am only
          telling you of my experiences in an incredible herbal journey. I hope this
          helps.
          Nazira of Blackmoor Keep
          Songstress and Unofficial Rabble Rouser
          The Magic Is Within!
        • nejma@tds.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
            M'Lady Nazira

            I thank you and passed your complete email to my friend. We are
            both aware that none but " professional chirurgeons " could give
            medical advice. ;)

            Katherine
          • nejma@tds.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2001
              I would like to thank you all for your responses. I know she will be
              able to find something to aid her now that she is on the right path.
              There is really no way to thank you all enough, I have known her
              for a few years and this is the first she has said of it...well I do
              have blonde hair, so it might not be the first *HG*. Again thank you
              all from the bottom of my heart.

              Katie

              (fades back into the back to sit, watch, listen and learn)