Group not dying!

  • Robin Kennedy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
      Good Gentles,

      I am so glad my note provoked so many responses! This group is living and growing. =>)

      In regards to dyeing, I am collecting the tansy that I am weeding out of my garden for dyeing projects later in the year. I am >hoping< to host a dye workshop at my humble manor some time this fall.

      In regards to herbs, my weeding works well for this, too. I've had to pull dandelion, yarrow and mullein from my veggie patch. I've hung some to dry and package for later. I'm working on using excess plantain to make an anti-itch ointment--great for any bite or sting.  I haven't been able to document how period this is, but both plantago species are native to Europe and Scandinavia and were used in many remedies. I just don't know  for sure if the ointment was used for insect bites and stings or if they even made an ointment from it. The leaf itself works well when slightly crushed.

      herbally yours,

      Maereta
    • Kingstaste
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008

        .Ok, it seems our moderator lives!  The pics I loaded into the new album are visible now – Christianna’s Memorial Garden .   My very good friends busted their humps – 8 of them from 8AM until 4PM (with some delaying me after picking me up from the airport – taking me out to get something to eat after I said “let’s just get something delivered to my house…” lol), and they said it was very much like a tv show where last minute things were still getting picked up and hidden as the car was driving up.  It is just lovely, and I have spent lots of time out there since, I am even bricking in an area for my firepit now!

        The herbs they planted for me are basil, oregano, dill, chives, cilantro, and sage, my white ginger is still there from years ago.  They also planted a Japanese red maple in the center in honor of my mom.  J

        Enjoy!

        Christianna

      • Amy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2008
          That's going to be a gorgeous oasis once those plants mature. Some
          forget-me-nots or bleeding hearts added might be a nice touch too,
          being a memorial.
          Thanks for sharing!

          Ameline