Call for Teachers and Presenters: Garden & Herb Symposium 2008

  • herbs_with_harley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2008
      Call for Teachers and Presenters: Garden & Herb Symposium 2008
      Event Date: Saturday, May 17, 2008
      Site: 3152 Clyde Park Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI

      We would like to invite and encourage you to present a class at this
      year's Symposium regardless of your level of expertise. Beginners
      and experts alike are welcome to share their knowledge. Classes are
      typically 1 hour long, though some hands-on classes may run as long
      as 2 hours.

      We're looking for teachers willing to present classes on any topic
      related to the Gardening or Herbalism. Contact us! We'd love to have
      you teach!

      Previous classes have included various herbs (with recipes and
      samples!), herbs and plants used in period dyes, medieval
      measurements, herbs in cooking (I remember a wonderful bread - yum),
      hands-on classes working with herbs, classes on cooking, period
      gardening, period flowers and herbs in medieval scrollwork, as well
      as dessert and confection varieties.

      Don't let your imagination stop there. Why not consider a class on
      gardening for the beginner, medieval container gardening, spices
      used in a specific culture, soap making, period gardens as they are
      today, The possibilities are endless.

      To help prospective teachers out, here are some possibilities for
      ways in which information can be taught each could include handouts,
      note taking and/or visual materials: Class presentations, generally
      a verbal presentation with present or ongoing research - Hands On
      Demos, an interactive way to introduce or expand your students
      knowledge on the process of creating something new.

      FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CLASSES OR TO VOLUNTEER TO TEACH PLEASE
      CONTACT
      Lady Harley the Herbalist
      C/o Jennifer Hayes
      robjenhayes@...