I have just re-joined the list

  • sealeyinlewyllowes
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2007
      because I just returned from Pennsic and was inspired by attending the
      EK Herbalists and Apothecaries Guild meeting there.

      I have offered to make a list of teachers/classes so please email me
      offlist if anyone out there is currently teaching herb or herb-related
      classes in the East Kingdom, and if so, what are you teaching?

      I would also like to announce that there will be a Collegium in Warren
      Vermont on October 20 - if anyone is interested in teaching please
      let me know - and if not, perhaps make plans to attend - you can find
      the preliminary information right here

      http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1483

      In the meantime, I'm very excited that I have found my focus in the
      SCA and look forward to learning everything there is to know about
      herbs and the many and varied aspects. (My Amazon wish list has just
      grown by about 5 pages :)
    • Jo Anne Fatherly
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2007
        Welcome back! Would you (or anyone) care to give us a report on the meeting?

        Johanna

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2007
          I didn't take notes, and my memory is like a sieve anyway - and my
          first Pennsic was quite overwhelming...but what I do remember from the
          meeting is that Marian from Carolingia (Old Marian) has finished a
          database that was about a year in the making and will be putting it up
          on our website (I believe that's what she said) It lists over 250
          herbs, their uses, their properties, with cross references galore -
          and pictures! It sounds marvelous and I can't wait to see it!
          A proposal was put forth to perhaps have some sort of A&S
          display/information booth at the next Pennsic - with brochures,
          projects, samples, etc and I believe Jadwiga offered to contact the
          person in charge of that sort of thing at Pennsic to see if it was
          possible and if so, what we need to know in order to make it a reality.
          Everyone agreed the Guild should do more and be more visible - someone
          help me out here - there was much discussion and I was so focused that
          I honestly don't remember details.
          At any rate, I met some interesting people, became inspired to get
          involved in the Guild and to pursue the study of Herbalism in all its
          many guises, so the meeting was a big success in my opinion.
          Oh, and of course, Jadwiga passed around lots of yummy treats :)