BUMPER THISTLE CROP

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2007
      I looked out the back door the other day and it seems that the
      thistles just appeared overnight. I weeded that area earlier in the
      spring and even laid down landscaping cloth, but I fear my goats may
      have moved the fabric enough to allow them to grow through.
      Before I take them down, I was wondering if anyone has any uses they
      might share.

      The plantain is also growing more wildly than usual this year. I've
      only used it "on the fly" when bit by an insect or a rash develops.
      But I'm willing to try this in any recepies if someone is willing to
      share.

      Also, if anyone wants any fresh thistles or plaintain, I'll gladly
      bring them to Southern War Camp. Since I'm day tripping, I'll pick
      them fresh that morning. Just let me know and I'll be glad to bring
      them.

      Of note: I have never, and do not ever, use any chemicals and sprays
      (probably the reason I have bumper crops growing)so these are about
      as "organic" as can be.

      YIS,
      Laurens de Vitrolles
    • Amy Provost
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2007
        How about making an oil or tincture with the plantain for later use in lotions or a green clay mixture for bug bites and rashes?

        Ameline

        --
        www.crookedwall.org
        www.bthumbstudios.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007
            Good Lady,
            I have chopped a bunch of the plantain and covered it in oil to allow
            it to infuse the oil, but the green clay mixture you mention has
            intrigued me. Can you provide a basic recipe?

            Laurens

            --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Provost"