Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Glenn Lynn this weekend

  • Theresa Brooks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2007
      The Shire of Glenn Lynn is in mid to upstate NY depending on whom you ask ;)  the event of Glenn Lynn is in Warrensburg NY at the county fair grounds. It is a tad west of Lake George.
      The event is one of my favorites. It is laid back. Kings and Queens Equestrian is usually run at this event. Along with a heavy and fencing war practice. They also have archery. In the last few years they have started adding A&S classes and displays. I spoke with the Lady running it last year. She is trying to get the word out and see more faces.
      Our EK cooks guild has had a few classes and I believe EK-HAG also had some tha day. (it was a few years back not to sure). Last year there was a few classes of different natures, but they really wish to see it grow.
          I feel that with the event being so laid back and calm, it is a wonderful place to get your feet wet with teaching before someone teaches at war.
       Honestly I am not to sure about a class list. A&S is something they have done for a few years now, but its not been real big.

          The camping is lovely. right off site is the Hudson river, and a small beach. In the evenings they bring the horses down for a swim.
      The site has flushies :) :) The only draw back I have ever encountered is the horseflies. Many people complain about skeeters, I do not find them a big issue there.
              The area is deeply set in farm country and very pretty. The people of the Shire are very friendly. I would love to see Herbalists make a strong use of this event.
          There is no day board or feast. But right down the road a bit is some restuarants and groceries. Not to mentions Stewarts ice cream :) :)

      Isabella (packed, ready to go, waiting for DH )

      where is Glen Lynn?  You mentioned camping as well?  Where is there a class listing>  thanks k

      See what's free at AOL.com.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.