Glenn Lynn this weekend

  • Theresa Brooks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2007
      OK here I go biting the bullet and going public :) :)

      For those of you in the EK or thinking of heading to Glenn Lynn this weekend. They are having a number of classes for A&S this year.
          I plan to teach soap making.
      To the best of my knowledge Mistress Jadwiga will also be coming. My new Apprentice Sister, Annys, shall also be coming along with Mistress Peyton. Its going to be one heck of a fun camp this year!!!
         We can sit around the camp fire Saturday night and have a chat.  Check with me through out the day for a time, as I have a small party for my daughters birthday Saturday night in camp also :) She turns the big 10 this year. GOSH! double digets :)
          Anyone going, please feel free to hunt down our camp for  refreshments and a chat. Not exactly sure what location will be chosen for our camp this year, but I am rarely hard to find.

      Isabella d'Allaines-le-Comte
    • Susan Saladini
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2007
        I'll be looking foward to taking your soap making class.

        Sof'ia Serfimiskaia

        --
        Sof'ia Serafimskaia
        Chatelaine, Barony of Settmour Swamp
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 2007
          where is Glen Lynn?  You mentioned camping as well?  Where is there a class listing>  thanks k

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • Theresa Brooks
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 28, 2007
            The Shire of Glenn Lynn is in mid to upstate NY depending on whom you ask ;)  the event of Glenn Lynn is in Warrensburg NY at the county fair grounds. It is a tad west of Lake George.
            The event is one of my favorites. It is laid back. Kings and Queens Equestrian is usually run at this event. Along with a heavy and fencing war practice. They also have archery. In the last few years they have started adding A&S classes and displays. I spoke with the Lady running it last year. She is trying to get the word out and see more faces.
            Our EK cooks guild has had a few classes and I believe EK-HAG also had some tha day. (it was a few years back not to sure). Last year there was a few classes of different natures, but they really wish to see it grow.
                I feel that with the event being so laid back and calm, it is a wonderful place to get your feet wet with teaching before someone teaches at war.
             Honestly I am not to sure about a class list. A&S is something they have done for a few years now, but its not been real big.

                The camping is lovely. right off site is the Hudson river, and a small beach. In the evenings they bring the horses down for a swim.
            The site has flushies :) :) The only draw back I have ever encountered is the horseflies. Many people complain about skeeters, I do not find them a big issue there.
                    The area is deeply set in farm country and very pretty. The people of the Shire are very friendly. I would love to see Herbalists make a strong use of this event.
                There is no day board or feast. But right down the road a bit is some restuarants and groceries. Not to mentions Stewarts ice cream :) :)

            Isabella (packed, ready to go, waiting for DH )

            where is Glen Lynn?  You mentioned camping as well?  Where is there a class listing>  thanks k

            See what's free at AOL.com.

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.