white willow bark

  • Katherine Stark
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2007
      greetings all,

      Im having a small problem with the last batch of white willow
      bark that I recieved, whenever I use it it comes out as slime. This
      hase already had a impact on sevral preparations. I have never had a
      problem with this before.

      can anyone give me some advice?

      have fun storming the castle,
      marion nic galen
    • Sydney Walker Freedman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2007
        Maybe it's not actually willow bark and is some other bark that has lots
        of musilage in it (slippery elm, maybe?). There could have been a mistake
        in packing. What's the botanical name on the package?

        > greetings all,
        >
        > Im having a small problem with the last batch of white willow
        > bark that I recieved, whenever I use it it comes out as slime. This
        > hase already had a impact on sevral preparations. I have never had a
        > problem with this before.
        >
        > can anyone give me some advice?
        >
        > have fun storming the castle,
        > marion nic galen

        Pax Christi,
        Sydney
      • Heather Josselyn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2007
          Good gentles,

          Someone has been eating my roses. There are round holes on some of the
          higher leaves - really, it looks as though someone has taken a hole-punch to
          the plant. I'd hate to lose it, since it usualy is quite healthy. Some
          year, I'm hoping it may even flower...

          What natural remedies can you suggest?

          Agatha, formerly of Carolingia

        • Tim Kane
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2007
            Hello,
            I'm in Australia so my ideas may not be appropriate to your area, but anyway
            here goes. When I was studying horticultural pests we learnt about one
            called a leaf cutter bee. These bees cut small circles out of the leaves for
            their nests. Our species aren't a pest just a nuisance but other species may
            be.
            Hope this is at least little bit helpful,
            Sigurd

            >From: "Heather Josselyn" <hjosselyn@...>
            >To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [SCA-Herbalist] Rose Help
            >Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:56:57 +0000
            >

            > Good gentles,
            >
            > Someone has been eating my roses. There are round holes on some of the
            >higher leaves - really, it looks as though someone has taken a hole-punch
            >the plant. I'd hate to lose it, since it usualy is quite healthy. Some
            >year, I'm hoping it may even flower...
            >
            > What natural remedies can you suggest?
            >

            > Agatha, formerly of Carolingia

            >Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps.
            >http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?ss=Restaurants~Hotels~Amusement%20Park&cp=33.832922~-117.915659&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=1118863&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01

            Join the millions of Australians using Live Search. Try live.com.au
            http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=740&referral=million&URL=http://live.com.au
          • Sara Glaze
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 20, 2007
              pencil shavings around the plant work well. Most bugs do not like the smell.

              Sorcha

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 20, 2007
                No it just said white willow bark. this was wild crafted by a woman
                that ive delt with for years,and i have never had a problem before.
                thank you