Re: ToeNail Fungus

  • sevenstars7
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 19, 2007
      I wanted to thank everyone who replied. I really appreciate it. :)
    • Thee Lady Dandi
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 21, 2007
        Hey Guys,
        Haven't read all the input here  so  these might be repeated... But these are some that tend to work. One thing about any Home Remedy you end up choosing, remember to stay with it  for  some time.... sometimes at least six months to a year. Toenail Fungus is one of the hardest to kill or to ever get rid  of  it. And it takes a long time to totally kill the fungus. And prescription meds will take longer unfortunately than home remedy.  Sometime a combo of Doc W/ Home Remdey action can be the best as well.. Anyways  here are a few I have used on my Clients.

        Ole Timers Remedy for Toenail Fungus
        "A daily warm foot-bath with a handful of sea salt  will help a lot! ( It's actually a well-known remedy in Egypt) It doesn't only take away the fungus, all bad odors disappear, your socks/shoes don't smell as bad  and it seems to help against perspiration too. You might even see a big difference in a week.
        (Get you one of the warming massaging foot baths if  you dont have one  and enjoy a little extra with this one!!)

        Herbalist Choice for Toenail Fungus
        "Essential Oils like Tea Tree oil or a recipe of Neem, thyme, clove, pine bank extract, eucalyptus, Oil of oregano, Arq-e-hyat (a camphorated oil), tea tree, DMSO, calendula, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil. Oils to dilute and aid penetration).
        (Have your love one to do this one for you and enjoy a personal foot massage with it!) Besure to have them pay close attetion to the toe nails themselfs n inbetween toes and to wash hands well afterward the whole massage is over.

        Now this one will kick off  your Home treatments for  when you return!

        Vacationers Dream for Toenail fungus
        "One of the best treatments is a vacation in a warm place where you can walk barefoot in the sand at the beach! The sand, the iodine, the saltwater, and the heat of the sun will do wonders for your feet. (Besure to take your honey  for this one and make a Fabo mid-day date, walking hand in hand on some wonderful  beach! Add a picnic and Oww La La!)

        And always keep you feeties as dry as possible.

        Happy Healing!
        Lady Dandi
        Nail Tech since 95

        sevenstars7 <colleen.evenson@...> wrote:
        A friend of mine has a toe nail fungus, but he is on Kidney dialysis,
        so he can't take any antibiotics for it. He says he has tried
        ointments and such that are over the counter, but they didn't help.
        Does anyone have a recipe for an external remedy that might help?

        Thanks,
        Colleen

        Bright Blessings

        AiSv NV WA do hi ya do ("Walk In Peace")

        Lady Verdandi Gormsdottir-HouseWolfStar

      • Avacyn
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 21, 2007
          May I suggest Hilo Bay by the light of a full moon? The black sand is like fine powder and I can't think of any beach prettier by moonlight!
          L. Avacyn, who misses her home in Hawaii