Teaching Opportunity

  • Aelfwyn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2007
      Will any of you fine folks be attending Great Northeastern War in Maine in mid-July? I am looking for teachers for kids' classes. One we have tried to offer in the past is a sort of hands on get acquainted with herbs class. We've brought an assortment of potted and cut/dried herbs and encouraged the kids to "grope and sniff" them. The kids that have done this class have been amazed at the different smells and tastes and period uses. It doesn't require a high end knowledge of all things herbal, just mostly a willingness to share 30-60 minutes of your time passing on your enthusiasm for the subject. Teachers may select the number of and age range for students. I've also encouraged some teachers to make a note in their class offering that beginning interested adults are welcome to attend as well, but that preference of space or materials will be given to kids that show up. Teaching DOES count towards one of the War Points.
      This is just one sort of class that might be offered. I am VERY open to hearing from anyone with additional ideas on what they might be willing to teach. If you think you might be interested, please contact me (Aelfwyn@...) and we can discuss the details.
      Many Thanks,
      Aelfwyn
      Chancellor Minor
      Province of Malagentia