Article on Jewish medieval materia medica

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      Found this article in a search, thought some of you might be interested:

      Drugs held and sold by pharmacists of the Jewish community of medieval
      (11.14th centuries) Cairo according to lists of materia medica found at
      the Taylor.Schechter Genizah collection, Cambridge . ARTICLE
      Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Volume 110, Issue 2, 21 March 2007, Pages
      275-293
      Efraim Lev

      Pretty pictures of the lists, plus lists of the herbs & other materia
      medica mentioned.