pomanders

  • c_textrix
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm trying to find info on period pomanders, other than clove spiked
      fruit. Can anyone help, please?
      Thankfully,
      Celestria
    • Sydney Walker Freedman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        There's a file containing pomander recipes in the EarlyPerfume
        Yahoogroup's files section. You might be interested in joining the group.
        There are also some recipes in Stefan's Florilegium in the Personal Care
        category in the files Perfumes-msg. Dates and sources are given for most
        recipes. Period pomanders were combinations of resins, waxes, rosewater,
        and the like rolled into balls. One more pomander source that I
        remembered: Jadwiga also has lots of pomander info in her pages. I hope
        this helps.

        Pax Christi,
        Lady Cecilia de Cambrige

        > Hi,
        > I'm trying to find info on period pomanders, other than clove spiked
        > fruit. Can anyone help, please?
        > Thankfully,
        > Celestria

        Pax Christi,
        Sydney
      • c_textrix
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2007
          Thank you very much!!!
          Celestria

          -- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Sydney Walker Freedman"
          <freedmas@...> wrote:

          > There's a file containing pomander recipes in the EarlyPerfume
          > Yahoogroup's files section. You might be interested in joining
          the group.
          > There are also some recipes in Stefan's Florilegium in the
          Personal Care
          > category in the files Perfumes-msg. Dates and sources are given
          for most
          > recipes. Period pomanders were combinations of resins, waxes,
          rosewater,
          > and the like rolled into balls. One more pomander source that I
          > remembered: Jadwiga also has lots of pomander info in her pages.
          I hope
          > this helps.
          >
          > Pax Christi,
          > Lady Cecilia de Cambrige
          >

          > > Hi,
          > > I'm trying to find info on period pomanders, other than clove
          spiked
          > > fruit. Can anyone help, please?
          > > Thankfully,
          > > Celestria
          > >

          > Pax Christi,
          > Sydney

        • Sydney Walker Freedman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2007
            You're welcome.

            > Thank you very much!!!
            > Celestria
            >
            > -- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Sydney Walker Freedman"
            > <freedmas@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> There's a file containing pomander recipes in the EarlyPerfume
            >> Yahoogroup's files section. You might be interested in joining
            > the group.
            >> There are also some recipes in Stefan's Florilegium in the
            > Personal Care
            >> category in the files Perfumes-msg. Dates and sources are given
            > for most
            >> recipes. Period pomanders were combinations of resins, waxes,
            > rosewater,
            >> and the like rolled into balls. One more pomander source that I
            >> remembered: Jadwiga also has lots of pomander info in her pages.
            > I hope
            >> this helps.
            >>
            >> Pax Christi,
            >> Lady Cecilia de Cambrige
            >>

            >> > Hi,
            >> > I'm trying to find info on period pomanders, other than clove
            > spiked
            >> > fruit. Can anyone help, please?
            >> > Thankfully,
            >> > Celestria