Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Rosemary Assistance?

  • Marian Walke
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2006
      What area are you (and the lady) in?
      --Old Marian

      Carowyn & Corwyn wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > Does anyone have any rosemary to share? A local lady is giving them out
      > at her wedding (rosemary for remembrance - neat!), and she'll need 60
      > sprigs (not all from the same person, of course).
      >
      > I thought it would mean more coming from the Scadian community, than from
      > a grocery store.
      >
      > If you do, please give me a holler, and I'll pass along your note so she
      > can contact you directly.
      >
      > She'd need them by Oct. 14.
      >
      > Thanks for your time,
      >
      > -Carowyn, who's little rosemary bush will also be donating

    • Apollonia de Avena
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2006
        I have tons of it, but again, what area of the country (or which country) are you in?
        Apollonia

        Carowyn & Corwyn wrote:
        > Greetings!
        >
        > Does anyone have any rosemary to share? A local lady is giving them out
        > at her wedding (rosemary for remembrance - neat!), and she'll need 60
        > sprigs (not all from the same person, of course).
        >
        > I thought it would mean more coming from the Scadian community, than from
        > a grocery store.
        >
        > If you do, please give me a holler, and I'll pass along your note so she
        > can contact you directly.
        >
        > She'd need them by Oct. 14.
        >
        > Thanks for your time,
        >
        > -Carowyn, who's little rosemary bush will also be donating

        > SCA-Herbalist disclaimer: This list is primarily for discussion of medieval
        > and renaissance herbalism and herbalism in the SCA. Please verify any health
        >
        > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.Medieval Mart.com/
        > [Email to SCA-Herbalist- unsubscribe@ egroups.com to leave this list]
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Isabel1443
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2006
          I have some, too...
          Isabel

          Carowyn & Corwyn wrote:
          > Greetings!
          >
          > Does anyone have any rosemary to share? A local lady is giving them out
          > at her wedding (rosemary for remembrance - neat!), and she'll need 60
          > sprigs (not all from the same person, of course).
          >
          > I thought it would mean more coming from the Scadian community, than from
          > a grocery store.
          >
          > If you do, please give me a holler, and I'll pass along your note so she
          > can contact you directly.
          >
          > She'd need them by Oct. 14.
          >
          > Thanks for your time,
          >
          > -Carowyn, who's little rosemary bush will also be donating

          > SCA-Herbalist disclaimer: This list is primarily for discussion of medieval
          > and renaissance herbalism and herbalism in the SCA. Please verify any health
          >
          > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.Medieval Mart.com/
          > [Email to SCA-Herbalist- unsubscribe@ egroups.com to leave this list]
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Carowyn & Corwyn
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2006
            Hi!

            > What area are you (and the lady) in?

            Doh! Yeah, I guess that would be important, now wouldn't it?? LOL!!

            I'm in Hershey, and the lady is in Harrisburg, PA.

            Sorry 'bout that....

            -Carowyn
          • Jo Anne Fatherly
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2006
              I've never yet managed to winter over a rosemary, in or out, so
              someone might as well get some good from this year's before it
              follows the others. How big a sprig?

              Johanna

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
                Sorry--I'm in south Texas--don't think it would make it to you in good condition.
                Apollonia

                Carowyn & Corwyn <silveroak@...> wrote:

                Hi!

                > What area are you (and the lady) in?

                Doh! Yeah, I guess that would be important, now wouldn't it?? LOL!!

                I'm in Hershey, and the lady is in Harrisburg, PA.

                Sorry 'bout that....

                -Carowyn

              • Adhaniá
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
                  Johanna, where are you?

                  I bought some this year that had wintered over at the nursery, in their
                  pots, and fully intend that they should do same in bed at my house! Hope
                  they don't die on me.

                  Just went to the local Greek Festival and they had *limbs* for sale. LOL
                  Honestly, they were two feet long!!!

                  Adhaniá

                  > I've never yet managed to winter over a rosemary, in or out, so
                  > someone might as well get some good from this year's before it
                  > follows the others. How big a sprig?
                  >
                  > Johanna
                • Adhaniá
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
                    Wouldn't we run into problems w/ the folks who control interstate shipping of plants?

                    I know we here in The Beautiful Pacific Northwest are prohibited from carrying apples out of our area because of pests, and I'll just bet they'd have something to say about me mailing rosemary to PA!!!

                    Adhaniá

                  • Suhayma@cox.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
                      Dear Adhaniá,

                      I envy you! Out in The Beautiful Pacific Northwest, you can leave your rosemary plants out all year long and they'll keep growing. Me - here in RI, I have to pull mine up and keep them in the house all winter. They are so tiny!

                      Suhayma

                      ---- "Adhaniá" <skyspinner@...> wrote:
                      > Wouldn't we run into problems w/ the folks who control interstate shipping
                      > of plants?
                      >
                      > I know we here in The Beautiful Pacific Northwest are prohibited from
                      > carrying apples out of our area because of pests, and I'll just bet they'd
                      > have something to say about me mailing rosemary to PA!!!
                      >
                      > Adhaniá

                    • Jo Anne Fatherly
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
                        At 11:48 AM 10/2/2006, Adhania wrote:
                        >Johanna, where are you?

                        Quite definitely NOT in rosemary-friendly country! I live in the
                        Hudson Valley (North of Carowyn, even) which means it's not only cold
                        in winter, it's damp as well. Goodbye, rosemary!

                        Johanna
                      • Carowyn & Corwyn
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
                          Hi, all......

                          *siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

                          Thank you all very much for your offers to help, but it seems the lady in
                          question panicked and ordered commercial rosemary from a semi-local
                          grocer.

                          She's paying through the nose, and it's coming early, so it'll be dry by
                          the time she works on it......

                          Poor thing....bridal jitters....

                          Again, thank you for your offers to help, I really appreciate it!!!

                          -Carowyn
                        • Adhaniá
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 3, 2006
                            Wal, let's hope it works that way! LOL Else I'll be back at the nursery
                            next spring.....

                            I wonder what's going to happen to my lovely sage plants? Do they make it
                            through the winter okay?