Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Angelica Root Usage

  • Anwen Dutson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2006
      Cat,

      Just want to let you know that water hemlock is poisonous even when it is dried or dead. Glad you know your plant isn't it.

      Grannee Annie

      "S. Brenciaglia" <sdb@...> wrote:
      Hello from a new person on the list.  Can anyone direct me to a source for instructions on dealing with an Angelica root?  All the books I have just say the stems can be candied and that the root was used but not how to go about using it.  Ground in a meat grinder mayhap or just chopped very fine? It is pretty lightweight, I dried it and am having trouble getting all the dirt out of it.  Do you use all the little thin tendrilly roots or just the larg central one?  It is about as thick as a man's wrist.  I would like to do it in a Period way for a novice A&S project and also may try to make Carmelite Water.
      My thanks,
      Cat of Airley
      PS I do know that it is not Water Hemlock. And to dry it thoroughly so that the roots are not poisonous.