Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: Edible Flowers

  • Anwen Dutson
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 6, 2006
      I use herbs to make medicine in my mundane life and am just getting back into the SCA a little bit at a time and plan to incorporate my vocation into my new personna. Really, the herbs you put in your spaghetti sauce are good for you medicinally, as well.

      As Thereau once said, a weed is just a plant whose usefulness has not yet been discovered.

      Have you tried using day lilies with your other edible flowers, too? I also work on an organic farm and our farm manager sneaks into the owner's flower beds and does a little wild crafting for the small order of edible flowers we send to a local natural foods store. She always makes certain the boss has left the permises first, of course!

      ~Grannee Annie

      PS~ sorry for not deleting the other posts, but for some reason, I'm not being allowed to.

      Jane Allard Gray <ladyjane_in_colorado@...> wrote:
      Cool. As a newbie, I'm curious, do most herbalists in
      the SCA do it for epicurean reasons, for healing, or
      for a little bit of both?

      Ceolwyn

      --- Sara Glaze <sheridan_du@ comcast.net> wrote:

      > I did my first feast ever today...Well not eating
      > but cooking. We were able to use my fresh herbs in
      > the Foccia (sp) the salad and the butter. What a
      > cheap and tasty way to supplement the feast.
      >

      > Sheridan

      http://www.Westgate Resorts.com/ or/index. cfm?acct= 2100966521& sales= AOL users: To view, please copy and paste links into your address field.

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

    • Rosie
      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 7, 2006
        Well, that's one to remember. Far better than my great grandmother's
        remedy: a nip of gin! Was never too comfortable with that idea..
        Rosie

        --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, Emily Groner <emgroner@...>
        wrote:
        I remember a friend asking for something to help her infant sleep.
        She followed my directions and hed a cup of chamomile and catnip tea
        herself, then after a while, breast fed him