Re: Edible Flowers

  • Rosie
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hello,
      You probably have sorted this all out by now, but I can recommend a
      book "Edible Flower Garden" or (something like that), by Rosalind
      Creasy. It's modern, not historical, but will tell you what is edible,
      so you know what to look for in period literature. It has lots of
      recipes with pretty pictures, so it's fun to look at even if you
      aren't cooking.
      Best of all, you can probably find it in your local library.
      Good luck :)
      Rosie the Newbie

      --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Aline" <Alineswynbrook@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi everyone-
      >
      > I am working up a subtlety idea for a June A&S. I need edible
      flowers
      > to decorate the top of a bread pudding in the colors white, yellow,
      > and black/dark purple. My first thought is pansies, but I don't know
      > if these are edible or not, and if they are, found in period. Anyone
      > know or have other suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Aline
      > Ansteorra

    • Rosie
      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 7, 2006
        Well, that's one to remember. Far better than my great grandmother's
        remedy: a nip of gin! Was never too comfortable with that idea..
        Rosie

        --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, Emily Groner <emgroner@...>
        wrote:
        I remember a friend asking for something to help her infant sleep.
        She followed my directions and hed a cup of chamomile and catnip tea
        herself, then after a while, breast fed him