RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Hello

  • Cheri Ray
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 22, 2006
      Greetings,
      Same place as you lol.

      Christine Seelye-King <kingstaste@...> wrote:
      Greetings, Jennifer,
                  Where are you studying for your degree?
                  Christianna
                  Slloowwwlly working on a Holistic Nutrition degree with Clayton College of Natural Health

      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 23, 2006
        --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, Jason Costarakis
        <Cranium@s...> wrote:

        > At 09:28 AM 1/20/2006, you wrote:
        > >I would like to start off saying that I am new here. Not just to
        this
        > >group but to the SCA all together. Truth is that I am trying to
        find
        > >where I would fit in better. Im good with the arts and well I
        never
        > >knew I have a green thumb. So here I am trying to find my way. I
        > >really have no clue what to do or how to. If you feel that you can
        > >help, please e-mail me. Thank you.
        > >
        > >Quintanna
        >
        > WELCOME!
        > What part of the world are you in?
        > Jason the mad brewer
        > kingdom of Caid, Barony of Calafia
        > (San Diego, Ca)

        Im from NY, central NY. Not much here but cold weather.

      • Robin Hackett
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 8, 2006
          Quintanna,

          NY is split into two regions(Kingdoms), AEthelmearc and East.
          Syracuse, Binghampton and west is AEthelmearc and Albany, New Paltz
          is East.

          Have you found your local group yet?

          eLeri Nefyn
          Barony of Concordia of the Snows
          East Kingdom
          (Albany, NY area)

          --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "quin_tanna" <quin_tanna@...>
          wrote:
          I would like to start off saying that I am new here. Not just to
          this group but to the SCA all together. Truth is that I am trying to
          find where I would fit in better. Im good with the arts and well I
          never knew I have a green thumb. So here I am trying to find my way. I
          really have no clue what to do or how to. If you feel that you can
          help, please e-mail me. Thank you.

          > > >Quintanna
          Im from NY, central NY. Not much here but cold weather.
        • Cat
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 31, 2008
            I Live in Middle Kingdom now in Riviere Constelle.

            Madallaine de Cat
          • Rodrigo Belmonte
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 5, 2008
              Congratulations.. I live in Calontir.. Oakheart to be precise.. nice place.. an over abundance of walking sticks this year though.. icky bugs.. just look nasty! But, on the bright side, the bearded dragon (large lizard) loves em for a snack..

              In service to the Dream,

              Rodrigo Belmonte
              Web-Minister - www.Oakheart.net
              MIT - Oakheart Company of Archers
              Shire of Oakheart - www.Oakheart.net
              Kingdom of Calontir - www.calontir.sca.org

              Message 6 of 22 , May 25, 2010
                Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West
              • Audrey
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                  --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Dana" <danadkr@...> wrote:

                  > Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West

                  I am glad to meet you. I love to learn about the growing conditions of other areas. I live in East Central Florida...within sight of the Space Center..and we have very different growing conditions, I believe, than you do. I've been growing herbs for the last 25 years, and have found that florida is a challenge and a half. We don't have a winter..per se....but have a less hot period. LOL. Though this past winter we got one of our quarter century freezes and I lost all but one of my frangipani. Alot of other things too. One of our Royal palms died from the cold. I would like to chat more with you, but right now I'm out of time.

                  YIS
                  Audrey E. Taylor...
                  Shire of Starhaven...Kingdom of Trimaris.
                • Jennifer Heise
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                    Greetings! Maythen is "Chamomile" in Anglo-saxon, isn't it?
                    -- Jadwiga

                    --
                    Jennifer Heise

                    known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
                  • Dana Kramer-Rolls
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010

                      Yup, and I still have a registered badge of a chamomile plant.  When I have trouble with heralds, I can always say that Maythen is a variant spelling of Matthew, and women used men’s saints names, but I picked Maythen specifically because it is AS for chamomile.  Maythen

                      Greetings! Maythen is "Chamomile" in Anglo-saxon, isn't it?
                      -- Jadwiga

                      On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Dana <danadkr@...> wrote:

                      Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West

                      --
                      Jennifer Heise

                      known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

                    • Eric Kobuck Wagner
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 5, 2010
                        Hey Maythen.....how ya doing?  Long time no see.

                        How is Bill?

                        Aricia