my mystery weed

  • newbrg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      Wandered into a used books store this weekend, and wandered out again with -- among other things -- a couple of new herb books, including a paperback copy of Gerard. The other one is only the third I've ever found (the first is Garland) that includes my "mystery weed," aegopodium podagraria. Also ground elder or goutweed. Now, the SECOND was a 1920s book on perennials, and it recommends it as a border plant! No, no, no! It's more like they say about horsetail rush -- don't plant it, because you'll never get rid of it.

      So please look up goutweed, everyone, and see if you can find a use for it.

      Johanna