Hello

  • quin_tanna
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 20, 2006
      I would like to start off saying that I am new here. Not just to this
      group but to the SCA all together. Truth is that I am trying to find
      where I would fit in better. Im good with the arts and well I never
      knew I have a green thumb. So here I am trying to find my way. I
      really have no clue what to do or how to. If you feel that you can
      help, please e-mail me. Thank you.

      Quintanna
    • otsisto
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 20, 2006
        Welcome!
        What kind of arts?
        Lyse

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 21, 2006
          I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Jennifer.  I have not gotten finished with my persona yet.  I just joined the SCA a few days ago.  I am very interested in Herbalism.  I am studying right now to be a Master Herbalist.  My goal is to become a Naturopathic Doctor. I was just wanting to say hi to everyon and I am looking forward to chatting everyone up.

          Sincerely,
          Jennifer

          Yahoo! Photos
        • Alamanda de Claret
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 21, 2006
            Greetings and Welcome,

            My first advice in joining this wonderful group called the SCA is - be
            inquisitive. Don't hesitate to ask lots of questions, the more you ask the
            better off you'll be in the long run. If you have general SCA questions
            find out if there is a Gold Key or Hospitaller office in your local group.
            The people in this office are there to assist the new person and should be
            able to introduce you to other experienced members who have your same
            interests, so you may begin learning and doing all the wonderful fun things
            there are to do here.

            As for enjoying the medieval herbalism side of life, my advice is to begin
            by reviewing the groups files, links and posts. There are a lot of great
            notes, research and information contained here with names and authors of
            books that you could borrow from the library to review.

            If you want to email me back with questions you might have, general SCA, art
            or herbal or anything, I'll do my best to answer them and/or introduce you
            to others that can assist.

            Again, welcome to the Herbalist group and to the SCA, have fun!

            Lady Alamanda de Claret
            Barony of Twin Moons, Kingdom of Atenveldt

          • Aelfwyn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 21, 2006
              In a message dated 1/21/2006 04:24:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sxyalkitten@... writes:
              My name is Jennifer.  I have not gotten finished with my persona yet.  I just joined the SCA a few days ago.
              Welcome Jennifer! Don't worry about the unfinished persona, I've been in the SCA for over 18 years and am still developing my persona's life story. Have fun, try everything and enjoy all the new friends you've just made all over the world!
              Aelfwyn Marie von Augsburg
            • quin_tanna
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 21, 2006
                Hey its me again,
                I have been doing arts all through school. So I am prety good with
                almost anything, and willing to try anything as well.
                Quin

                --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "otsisto" <otsisto@s...> wrote:

                > Welcome!
                > What kind of arts?
                > Lyse

              • Jason Costarakis
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 21, 2006
                  At 09:28 AM 1/20/2006, you wrote:
                  >I would like to start off saying that I am new here. Not just to this
                  >group but to the SCA all together. Truth is that I am trying to find
                  >where I would fit in better. Im good with the arts and well I never
                  >knew I have a green thumb. So here I am trying to find my way. I
                  >really have no clue what to do or how to. If you feel that you can
                  >help, please e-mail me. Thank you.
                  >
                  >Quintanna

                  WELCOME!
                  What part of the world are you in?
                  Jason the mad brewer
                  kingdom of Caid, Barony of Calafia
                  (San Diego, Ca)
                • Christine Seelye-King
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 22, 2006

                    Greetings, Jennifer,

                                Where are you studying for your degree?

                                Christianna

                                Slloowwwlly working on a Holistic Nutrition degree with Clayton College of Natural Health

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 23, 2006
                        --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, Jason Costarakis
                        <Cranium@s...> wrote:

                        > At 09:28 AM 1/20/2006, you wrote:
                        > >I would like to start off saying that I am new here. Not just to
                        this
                        > >group but to the SCA all together. Truth is that I am trying to
                        find
                        > >where I would fit in better. Im good with the arts and well I
                        never
                        > >knew I have a green thumb. So here I am trying to find my way. I
                        > >really have no clue what to do or how to. If you feel that you can
                        > >help, please e-mail me. Thank you.
                        > >
                        > >Quintanna
                        >
                        > WELCOME!
                        > What part of the world are you in?
                        > Jason the mad brewer
                        > kingdom of Caid, Barony of Calafia
                        > (San Diego, Ca)

                        Im from NY, central NY. Not much here but cold weather.

                      • Robin Hackett
                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 8, 2006
                          Quintanna,

                          NY is split into two regions(Kingdoms), AEthelmearc and East.
                          Syracuse, Binghampton and west is AEthelmearc and Albany, New Paltz
                          is East.

                          Have you found your local group yet?

                          eLeri Nefyn
                          Barony of Concordia of the Snows
                          East Kingdom
                          (Albany, NY area)

                          --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "quin_tanna" <quin_tanna@...>
                          wrote:
                          I would like to start off saying that I am new here. Not just to
                          this group but to the SCA all together. Truth is that I am trying to
                          find where I would fit in better. Im good with the arts and well I
                          never knew I have a green thumb. So here I am trying to find my way. I
                          really have no clue what to do or how to. If you feel that you can
                          help, please e-mail me. Thank you.

                          > > >Quintanna
                          Im from NY, central NY. Not much here but cold weather.
                        • Cat
                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 31, 2008
                            I Live in Middle Kingdom now in Riviere Constelle.

                            Madallaine de Cat
                          • Rodrigo Belmonte
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 5, 2008
                              Congratulations.. I live in Calontir.. Oakheart to be precise.. nice place.. an over abundance of walking sticks this year though.. icky bugs.. just look nasty! But, on the bright side, the bearded dragon (large lizard) loves em for a snack..

                              In service to the Dream,

                              Rodrigo Belmonte
                              Web-Minister - www.Oakheart.net
                              MIT - Oakheart Company of Archers
                              Shire of Oakheart - www.Oakheart.net
                              Kingdom of Calontir - www.calontir.sca.org

                              Message 14 of 22 , May 25, 2010
                                Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West
                              • Audrey
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                                  --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Dana" <danadkr@...> wrote:

                                  > Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West

                                  I am glad to meet you. I love to learn about the growing conditions of other areas. I live in East Central Florida...within sight of the Space Center..and we have very different growing conditions, I believe, than you do. I've been growing herbs for the last 25 years, and have found that florida is a challenge and a half. We don't have a winter..per se....but have a less hot period. LOL. Though this past winter we got one of our quarter century freezes and I lost all but one of my frangipani. Alot of other things too. One of our Royal palms died from the cold. I would like to chat more with you, but right now I'm out of time.

                                  YIS
                                  Audrey E. Taylor...
                                  Shire of Starhaven...Kingdom of Trimaris.
                                • Jennifer Heise
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                                    Greetings! Maythen is "Chamomile" in Anglo-saxon, isn't it?
                                    -- Jadwiga

                                    --
                                    Jennifer Heise

                                    known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
                                  • Dana Kramer-Rolls
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010

                                      Yup, and I still have a registered badge of a chamomile plant.  When I have trouble with heralds, I can always say that Maythen is a variant spelling of Matthew, and women used men’s saints names, but I picked Maythen specifically because it is AS for chamomile.  Maythen

                                      Greetings! Maythen is "Chamomile" in Anglo-saxon, isn't it?
                                      -- Jadwiga

                                      On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Dana <danadkr@...> wrote:

                                      Viscountess Sir Maythen, Duchess Hoghton here. I have been doing Western European herbs,both culinary and medicinal, for decades, and am glad to have found the list. This should be fun. Just for reference, I live in West Kingdom, Principality of Mists, Province of the Mists, for which read East Bay/San Francisco Bay area. So clay soil and lots of mist, not much rain, excpet this year, when it was more like spring in New Jersey, which is good. Sir Maythen/ West

                                      --
                                      Jennifer Heise

                                      known in the SCA as Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

                                    • Eric Kobuck Wagner
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 5, 2010
                                        Hey Maythen.....how ya doing?  Long time no see.

                                        How is Bill?

                                        Aricia