Lavender Mineral Bath Salts

  • Valarie Ziminsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      I received a gift at Pennsic of Lavender Mineral Bath Salts and I love them!  Unfortunately I am almost out.  However, I do have the ingredient list, but no clue as to the individual amounts.  Is anyone familiar with receipe ingredients listed below, and therefore can tell me what amounts to mix?

      Dead Sea Salts
      Borax
      Baking Soda
      Essential Oils

      Much thanks!!

      Valentina
    • Lord Valeryjan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        1/2   c            Epsom salt
        1/2   c            Baking soda
        1/2   c            Borax
        2     dr           Food coloring
        40   dr           Scented oil

        This is my recipe, I hope it helps.  I use a little food coloring to just barely tint the granuals . . .

        best wishes . . .

        Lord Val

        Outlands

      • kingstaste@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
          You are generally going to use 20-30 drops of any given oil per bathtub of water.  I use about a cup to a cup and a half of salts when I soak in the tub, but I'm usually going for heavy-duty muscle spasm easing.
          Christianna