RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: Spiders

  • otsisto
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 28, 2005
      I believe it's niacin.

      Lyse
      -----Original Message-----

      Adhani√° wrote:
      Brewer's yeast, or "nutritional yeast", which seems to be what they call it nowadays, has long been known to make one taste bad to fleas.  Works on humans, dogs, cats, the occasional ferret (I'm KIDDING!!) etc.
      I think it's the vitamin B in the yeast that does the trick, so you could also just take vitamin B in tablet form (Not sure which kind of vit B it is, but I think it's B1 - you could check on a yeast pack to see which it is). Mind you, brewer's yeast is pretty yummy, and adds flavour to soups or stews, as well as being tasty sprinkled on cheese toast. For those who know what I'm talking about, it tastes similar to Marmite/Vegemite, which are made from brewer's yeast.

      Sinech.