aloe, was Sunburn Remedy help

  • Jason Costarakis
    Message 1 of 14 , May 3, 2005
      At 08:12 PM 5/3/2005, you wrote:
      >Aloe vera is a very easy plant to grow and found in most nurseries (at
      >least where I would shop in NY and CT). I used to keep on near my kitchen
      >for years for sunburns and cooking burns. Just take off a leaf, squeeze
      >out the gel and apply to burn.

      i also know people who filet the leaves (?? fronds, stalks dont quite know
      the correct terminology for succulents) and use them that way, a few who
      swear by them wrapped with gauze on joints to help chronic pain & arthritis
      jason
    • kingstaste@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 14 , May 3, 2005
        Both this vinegar remedy and the black tea remedy are going to be very
        drying, something the psoraisis does not need. Great for regular sunburns
        I'm sure, but just thought I'd throw this out here - when giving ideas, be
        aware and try to put them in educational, not prescriptive terms.
        Christianna
        (mundanely studying holistic nutrition)

        Message 3 of 14 , May 4, 2005
          Jason Costarakis wrote:

          >i also know people who filet the leaves (?? fronds, stalks dont quite know
          >the correct terminology for succulents) and use them that way,

          That's what I do - they're great for sunburn!

          > a few who
          >swear by them wrapped with gauze on joints to help chronic pain & arthritis

          I haven't come across this use - must give it a try for my arthritis.

          Sinech.