hops links

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2005
      These are from the LIIWEEK mailing from the Librarian's Index to the
      Internet:

      Hop Gardening
      The Web site for this hops retailer features information about growing
      hops, the plant used as an ingredient in beer brewing. Covers planting,
      growth cycle, pruning, spacing and support, harvest, drying, diseases
      and pests, and varieties. Includes links to pages on insect and disease
      damage and on home brewing.
      http://www.freshops.com/gardening.html
      Subjects: Hops | Hops -- Varieties | Gardening | More new
      Created by je - last updated Apr 6, 2005 - comment on this record
      Hops in the Backyard: From Planting to Harvest and the Hazards in
      Between
      Basic information about growing hops, a plant that is used in the beer
      brewing process. Discusses site requirements, planting, care, diseases
      and pests, and harvest. From Brewing Techniques, a magazine for craft
      beer brewing that was published from 1993 through 1999. Note: more
      articles on hops can be found through the article index on this Web
      site.
      http://brewingtechniques.com/library/backissues/issue2.3/montell.html
      Subjects: Hops | Gardening | More new
      Created by je - last updated Apr 6, 2005 - comment on this record
      Hops Variety Research Project in Western Colorado
      Information about a test performed in 2002 and 2003 to research
      varieties of hops, the plant used in beer brewing. Features many photos
      (including images of trellises and of sheep grazing), reports on the
      tests, and related information. From a farm that performed the tests as
      part of a grant through Colorado State University.
      http://www.dsrtweyr.com/hops/hopsindex.php

      Sybil: "Have you been upsetting people?"
      Vimes: "I think I may let people upset themselves."
      Sybil: "Good for you. You do that so well."
      -- Terry Pratchett, _The Fifth Elephant_