Hybrid annular-total eclipse of the Sun

  • carrig37421
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Greetings Group,

      http://www.rasnz.org.nz/Events2005.htm#Sun1

      Southeast USA will be able to see partial eclipse of the sun Friday
      April 8th.

      woo-hoo!!! anybody feeling eerie and ethereal yet??? >:) bwahahahha

      This is a rare type of eclipse, and it occurs on a new moon - so I
      figured there had to be ancient rituals that just *had* to involve
      various herbs, but as yet I have been unable to find any documentation.

      followed by http://www.rasnz.org.nz/Events2005.htm#Moon1 Penumbral
      eclipse of the Moon 2005 April 24

      Also found http://www.throughnightsfire.com/SolarEclipseForecast.html
      which was interesting but again no reference to herbs.

      Are any of you famimliar with Period herby observations of eclipses?

      yis,
      Carrig