An Illustrated Herbal

  • carrig37421
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2005
      http://www.magdalin.com/herbs/ -- posted to Links

      "This site contains a compilation of around 500 plants - and their
      corresponding therapeutic properties - for everyday use. While Western
      Holistic Medicine is making a comeback from a period of Allopathic
      supremacy, other systems of medicine - like the Traditional Chinese or
      the Indian Ayurvedic, for example - never abandoned the wisdom of the
      ancients, Herbalism remaining an intrinsic part of their Medicine
      proper. In a Chinese context - as well as in Africa or Native America
      -, The Art of Medicine goes beyond the plant kingdom, and preparations
      from substances of animal and mineral origins are commonly prescribed."

      missing some of what I consider the "obvious" stuff, like Queen Anne's
      Lace (Daucus carota) since we get our vegetable carrot from it - and
      it's been used medicinally and cosmetically for ages - but still a
      great looking source :D

      yis,
      Carrig

      "