RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Arthritis help

  • Beth Beaver
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2004
      Hello everyone from a fellow lurker. I too am interested in arthritis help.
      I read the post about the bee sting, etc. I was wondering if anyone had
      prepared a salve like the bruise balm recipe for arthritis.

      Beth Beaver

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2004
        I have had mild arthritis for my whole life and when it flares I rub on peppermint oil about 50/50 with sweet almond as a carrier... wrap in a good hot wet towel and just let the steam soak in... a warm cup of chamomile and mint tea or catnip tea sweetened with honey and it has always helped me
        KAT
      • Beth Beaver
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2004
          Thanks, KAT.  This looks reasonable.  :)

          Beth Beaver
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2004
            My mother in law has been helped greatly by drinking tea
            with powdered ginger.
            I find that tea with powdered ginger helps when I have bad headaches as
            well.
            I use probably about 1/4 tsp, and add honey for taste.
            --Lydia
          • Lila Richards
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 11, 2004
              > My mother in law has been helped greatly by drinking tea
              > with powdered ginger.
              > I find that tea with powdered ginger helps when I have bad headaches as
              > well.
              > I use probably about 1/4 tsp, and add honey for taste.

              Tea with a small pice of green ginger root infused with it is also very
              pleasant, and would possibly serve the same purpose.

              Sinech.
              An Fhirinne in aghaidh an tSaoil
              (The Truth against the World)