Fw: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: Arthritis help

  • Lila Richards
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10 4:33 PM
      > My grandfather used to have honeybees sting his knuckles to ease his
      > arthritis. Sounds weird - but he swore by it :)

      Sex is also supposed to help, and would be a lot more fun than bee stings!
      :-) On a more serious note, however, I have heard that royal jelly is good,
      so maybe whatever is in it that works is also in bee stings. If it's
      propolis, however, I'd be careful - I once took some propolis cough syrup
      and my throat swelled up. And some people are badly allergic to bee stings.

      Sinech.
      ________________________
      An Fhirinne in aghaidh an tSaoil
      (The Truth against the World)
    • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11 10:40 AM
        > > My grandfather used to have honeybees sting his knuckles to ease his
        > > arthritis. Sounds weird - but he swore by it :)

        Counterirritants such as stinging nettle, black pepper oil, cajeput oil,
        capsicum (sp?) oil, are all recommended by many people for chronic ache
        conditions. Your mileage may vary. I know others who swear by Tiger Balm
        to help with the aches and pains.

        "There oncewas a man who said D--n!/It's born upon me that I am
        An engine that moves/In predestinate grooves
        I'm not even a bus, I'm a tram!"