Re: Gout Remedies

  • carrig37421
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2004
      That's the first I'd heard of using cherry - ran a google on 'gout
      cherry' and it seems to be very well documented.

      I suspect that cranberry juice would also work, flushing uric acid
      from the bloodstream, might be easier to find in grocery store too.
      Then there's always dandelion tea - they didn't call it 'piss-a-bed'
      for nothing ;)

      Carrig

      --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Rhonda Kountz" <roma1358@h...>
      wrote:
      > I read somewhere at work that cherry and cherry juice is good for gout,
      > taken internally, of course!
      >
      > Roma
    • Beth Ann Bretter
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2004
        According to my Father-in-Law's aromatherapy books the
        following essential oil recipe is good for gout. Into
        2 ounces of olive oil add 5 drops juniperberry oil, 5
        drops of rosemary oil and 5 drops of chamomile
        oil(either german or Roman will do). Shake well and
        massage daily into joint.

        Peyton

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
      • Alamanda de Claret
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2004
          Which books were they? I'm always interested in added good
          recommendation to my library wish list. Any favorite scents? I
          like anything strong as I have a very poor sniffer. I do some
          massage and mostly stick to Sandalwood, Lavendar and Peppermint oils
          (not mixed together) as my victims find those the most pleasant.

          'Manda

          (snip) According to my Father-in-Law's aromatherapy books