Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Digest Number 979

  • Willow York
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004

      To the Herbal Zit busters subject, I have a friend that has this problem fairly severly and she uses this great natural mask to clear it up... and it tastes good too. It's a mixture of crushed strawberries and a little unpasterized honey. It works great - strawberry is a deep cleanser and the honey has many properties in it such as an antibacterial agent.

      To Harley and the pomander, first congratulations! Also, would you happen to have a picture that you could share? If it will not go as an attachment than perhaps it could be added to the photos section. I'd love to see your work. :)

      Blessings, Willow

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:34:09 -0500
      From: "Joanne Clyde"
      Subject: Herbal Zit busters

      ok. I'm going to admit to a slightly embarrassing problem. I've been long
      past teenage, but I still have acne. I'm tired of all of the chemical
      treatments like Retin-A which have strong warnings about being out in the
      sun afterwards (kinda hard to garden or go to events in the summer without
      going outside) Are there any herbal remedies that could help. I don't have
      rosacea or excema (sp?) that's been determined... just over-exuberant oil
      glands...

      Thanks

      Geertruyt

      Message: 11
      Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:47:12 -0400
      From: "Jennifer Hayes"
      Subject: Kingdom Results!!!

      Great news! I received a 1 at Midrealm Kingdom for my pomander :-) Let me
      tell you big ego boost. Especially when both the king and queen were
      impressed.

      Enough about me, did anyone else enter anything in the A&S this year?

      Harley

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
        > To the Herbal Zit busters subject, I have a friend that has this problem fairly severly and she uses this great natural mask to clear it up... and it tastes good too. It's a mixture of crushed strawberries and a little unpasterized honey. It works great - strawberry is a deep cleanser and the honey has many properties in it such as an antibacterial agent.

        Oh wow! That's one of the traditional facial cleansers! Cool to hear it
        works!

        P.S. Harley I still owe you photocopies I know...

        "It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to
        think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault.
        If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be.
        I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
        of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do
        the bad things." -- Terry Pratchett, _Jingo_