Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Digest Number 907

  • healingherb2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      Hi, My name is Pam and I am a lurker !!  I am learning about Celtic herbs, along with what I already know about Native herbs, etc.  Here is one link about using spices as preservatives, and I am sure there are many more.  Salt was the largest used preservative, along with smoking and I am sure there were spices involved.  I am short of time, will do more research later

    • Nanci Umphres
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
        Hi Pam,
        I am a lurker on this group too, with an interest in celtic herbs.
        Are you interested in learning what you have shared so far? I
        haven't learned much; I have set my time of interest around the
        1100's in what is now known as Scotland. That is about as far as I
        have gotten in that research! haha! But I have done some research in
        modern medicinal herbal application. Email me privately if you are
        interested in further discussion. Oh, I looked at the link you
        provided. It was interesting reading.
        nanci

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
          Well I guess I should proofread before I post! I meant,in my
          learned?' Sorry about that!

          --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "Nanci Umphres"