RE: [SCA-Herbalist] Herbal Site with current medical info

  • Sharon Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      >Do you know how it has been used for this purpose? Just interested. :-)

      The only thing I have been able to find out so far is that it is the root
      part and used in a Chinese medicine called Danggui Longhui Wan, a mixture of
      plants that is used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat chronic
      diseases.

      The report is in this article if you have access to a library which has it:
      Hoessel R, et al. Indirubin, the active constituent of a Chinese
      antileukaemia medicine, inhibits cyclin-dependent kinases. Nat Cell Biol
      1999;1:60-7.

      Sharon
      gordonse@...