Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: allergy testing,. was Arthritis help?

  • Chartier
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 30, 2003
      Re: [SCA-Herbalist] Re: allergy testing,. was Arthritis help?
      With my lord-husband (Mundane and SCAdian) we used the older and slower methiod of allergy testing. (Wish we knew your quicker methiod.)
      His problem was acute pain in one foot. So much pain that he couldn't walk on it. (This complicated the fact that it was his strong leg after an auto accident. That is another story.) We suspected gout (in the family) but tests proved negitive. We discovered that cherries (raw and natral) helped with the pain. After a few years of this 'non-gout' as we called it , we noticed that it came only in the Autum. We took a hard look at what changes took place then. The bigest, aside from the weather,  was change in diet. One of his greatised pleasures was eating donuts and cider. With the removal of cider he has been pain free since. (Pitty, he loves cider.) Apples and applesauce are OK. (Go figure.)

      Moral of story: When the obvious food allergies prove negitive, look deeper into life-style.

      Marguerite Chartier
      (Living mundainly in the Champlain Valley of New Youk, which containes many, many apple orchards.)