Arnica (Was: Saffron, Was Most Precious Ointment)

  • Corwyn and Carowyn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 7:28 PM
      Greetings!

      >So does anyone use the spices from the Hispanic grocery section for
      >herbal creations, and if so, how are the quality and price?

      I've used from the Oriental section of the grocery, and they worked just
      fine. Also got rock alum in that section, and I love it!

      > Also, can
      >anyone recommend an internet supplier (preferably one who doesn't
      >charge shipping for decent sized orders) with a dependable supply of
      >arnica flowers? Or is there a shortage of the stuff?

      I just bought a pound for about $10 from Maggie's Herb Basket, which is a
      local shop that can also ship. I love them, they're friendly, and
      they'll work with you for whatever they need. I can get Saunders / Red
      Sandalwood from them that's totally unadulterated (food grade, but can be
      used for incense or dyeing as well!), as well as Grains of Paradise off
      the shelf! I *love* their selection and personality! (The cat won't let
      you leave the shop till you pet him. ;-)

      I can't find their URL right now, but their phone is (717) 898-6334 and
      their email addy is <ejsavory@...>. They're worth contacting, IMO!

      Just a satisfied customer!

      -Caro
      "It is a puzzle to me how sentient beings can feel more relaxed in the
      presence of a hostile but similar shape than in the company of a
      sympathetic but differently constructed intelligence."
      -Alan Dean Foster

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!