Dyeing At Estrella War

  • Corwyn and Carowyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2003
      Forwarded by request.....

      From: "bjo" <bjotrimble@...>
      To: "'NATURAL DYES'" <NaturalDyes@yahoogroups.com>,"'SCA NATURAL DYES'"
      Subject: [NaturalDyes] DYEING AT ESTRELLA WAR
      Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:07:10 -0800

      Last year�s Estrella War dye demo was so much fun that the event
      want another. This Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) event runs
      February 12 to 17, 2003, in Estrella Park, Goodyear, Arizona. There will
      dyeing every day, all through the event. I�ll also teach 2 adult dye
      classes and at least one children�s dye class.

      If you attend the War, please come by the Demo Area and join the fun!
      drop spindles, spinning wheels or looms and a chair and keep me company.
      Please pass the word to the spinning and weaving groups, as I don't
      to any of them.

      We need more stoves to keep dye pots simmering, so if you can spare your
      propane stove between breakfast and dinner, please let us know. If we�re
      not in the Demo Area, we�ll be in our Griffin Dyeworks merchant booth #2,
      adjacent to the Demo Area.

      A new feature this year is �Dye-A-Scarf� where you can purchase a long
      scarf and dye it yourself (or I will do it). Our merchant booth will
      have some roving, ready to spin and/or dye, as well as carding combs,
      spindles, buttons, beads, and good company.

      I didn't make the deadline for getting my "What Was Period When?" book
      so it won't be available at Estrella.

      If interested in participating in any way, contact me with your email
      address so I�m not answering to the whole list and boring everyone who is
      not interested in this project.

      Bjo Trimble (SCA: Maestra Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani)

      Happy 2003! I'm updating "On the Good Ship Enterprise" & need your fun
      stories & photos! & remembering fun Trek stories! Daughter Lora just
      bought her own beauty salon in Monrovia so you're invited to the Grand
      Opening of "The Big Tease" on April 5!

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com