Herbal Remedy Help?

  • Corwyn and Carowyn
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2002
      Greetings!

      A co-worker asked me about anything that might help heal a cyst that
      repeatedly appears on her skin. It grows, itches, she scratches it, and
      then it oozes, and she's sick of it. She did talk to a dermatologist,
      and he did suggest surgery (as did I), but she'd like to see if there's
      anything else before the knife or freezing procedure. Can anyone suggest
      anything?

      -Caro
      "It has no meaning, Satanic or otherwise, forwards or backwards, in any
      language, at any speed."
      -Congress

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Martin Yarina
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
        The Mayo-Clinic in Phoenix Arizona has a holistic health deparment you could contact them and see what they say but theyll want medical history as well

        Snarge
        Can't unless we know the exact diagnosis and then for safety sake any known allergies because this can be from someone who has allergy problems.  Prescribing herbal treatments without knowing the patients diagnosis or background is not a wise move.

        If someone says what is good for upset stomaches we can say Peppermint or whatever because it is a documented remedy for upset stomaches, but if they say I have this cyst or growth on my skin in patches what can I put on itand we don't know the cause...then we are practicing medicine without a license, and practicing it poorly because we don't know what it is.  And that can, at least in California, get us in trouble.I can't help....sorry.

        Aricia Jehane
        A co-worker asked me about anything that might help heal a cyst that
        repeatedly appears on her skin.  It grows, itches, she scratches it, and
        then it oozes, and she's sick of it.  She did talk to a dermatologist,
        and he did suggest surgery (as did I), but she'd like to see if there's
        anything else before the knife or freezing procedure.  Can anyone suggest
        anything?

        -Caro
        "It has no meaning, Satanic or otherwise, forwards or backwards, in any
        language, at any speed."
                                                            -Congress

        Only $9.95 per month!
        Visit www.juno.com

      • Krys Jeffrey-Wagner
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
[...]

        • Eithne Brjannsdottir
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
            I've heard that creamed honey is good for skin ailments (it
            moisturizes and has some degree of antiseptic qualities). So I've
            tried it on small problems (small cuts, sunburn, chafed skin, and
            even a wart) and have always been pleased with the result.

            It may not HELP with a cyst. But unless someone is allergic to honey,
            I don't see how it could possibly do any harm.

            E.

            --- In SCA-Herbalist@y..., "Krys Jeffrey-Wagner" <aricia@s...> wrote:
            > Can't unless we know the exact diagnosis and then for safety sake
            any known allergies because this can be from someone who has allergy
            problems. Prescribing herbal treatments without knowing the patients
            diagnosis or background is not a wise move.
          • HopeAllyson Dwiggins
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2002
              How does one cream honey?
              Annys

            • Eithne Brjannsdottir <garden_crafter@yah
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 11, 2002
                --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, HopeAllyson Dwiggins <annys@o...> wrote:
                > How does one cream honey?
                > Annys

                The short answer is that you do it the same way that you would cream your butter and sugar when making cookies --- STIR, STIR, STIR until you get a homogenous mixture.

                If the beeswax (from the honeycomb) isn't blending well with the honey, try turning up the heat. Once you liquefy the beeswax, it will mix very easily (but be careful not to burn your mixture).

                E.
              • Heleen Greenwald
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 12, 2002
                  So does creamed honey contain honeycomb?
                  Phillipa
                  And I've eaten it? And I'm not dead!  LOL