Re: [SCA-Herbalist] where?

  • charlotte bowers
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 29, 2002

      Hello, I'm Charlotte- living in the "shallow end of the gene pool", better known as  Martinsburg, West Virginia(not from here, just ended up here- and God help me)

       Kellen Harkins wrote:

      I know most of you are from the East... So was I at one point!  But just so
      we can get some perspective as well as possible contacts in our Kingdoms
      that we don't know about...

      Where are we all from?

      ::Kellen raises her hand::
      I'm in the Shire of Sangre del Sol, in Trimaris.

      Silvercat

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Krys Jeffrey-Wagner
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 4, 2002
        Lets see, here are a few ways to use the plants:

        >>>SELF HEAL:  is a great herb for wounds, cleaning them and stopping the bleeding.  Also you can use it as a very weak gargle for bleeding gums, mouth inflammations and sore throats.

        >>>MARSHMALLOW:  the root is good powered in a paste, mixed with water as a poultice for skin inflammations.  It can also be made into an ointment for wounds or to help draw splinters.

        >>>AGRIMONY:  A poultice of leaves has been known to relieve migraines and as a wash can be used for wounds, sores, eczema and varicous ulcers.

        >>>WOOD BETONY:  fresh ground leaves/stems good in poultices for wounds and bruises.  Makes a good mouth wash/gargle for mouth ulcers, gum inflammations and sore thorats.

        >>>VERVAIN:  I have heard it can be good for insect bites, sprains and bruises, but I have never used it.  I have used it in an ointment for wounds and weeping sores on horses.

        >>Toothache Plant: a friend gave me one and swears by it for toothaches by chewing the leafs.  Haven't tried it yet.  Just keeping it alive and away from the snails is keeping me busy.

        Aricia Jehane