Organizing an EK Herb Guild

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2000
      There's been some an interest in the forming of an Herbalist/Apothecary's
      Guild in the East Kingdom.

      We've got plenty of people interested, and we've had one meeting, and I
      think the best thing to do is do some electronic discussion of what we
      would like for the guild to *do*.
      Some suggestions-- we don't have to do all or even most of these, I'm
      just brainstorming:
      Publish a newsletter (via the web with print copies for the
      non-web-connected)
      Have events or symposia at other events
      Compile a list of those willing to teach either classes or
      individually
      Create a Web page with resources
      Have competitions
      Have meetings
      Do something at events, like a 'portable herb garden' or display
      Sponsor local guilds
      Provide a 'rating' level as Athena's Thimble (Kingdom Needlework
      Guild) does

      Also, I'm assuming our focus is on re-creating medieval herbal (and
      apothecary) practice in so far as it is safe. If others are interested in
      other foci, please speak up!

      Thanks!

      disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

      "The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places.
      But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle
      and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will
      kill you too but there will be no special hurry." -- E. Hemingway