Wish list

  • Theresa Brooks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2002
      Hello everyone,
      I decided that I would share my wish list with all of you. I figure some of
      you must have the recipes I need and will share :)

      These are all things I would like to make in the next few weeks. I am
      putting together an herbal med. box :)

      Muscle rub (have bruise cream now want something to take the sting out of
      sore muscles)..

      Mustard (I know people have been talking about it)

      anti bug something (oil, cream what ever)...

      With all the camping events and walking coming up I would also like a nice
      foot rub..
      I assume this will be a peppermint something or other???

      I ran out to my local herb shop yesterday... MY GOODNESS the cost of
      colendula $47.00 per pound :(

      Another question,
      Does anyone have knowledge of a "period" form of deodorant?
      A powder maybe?

      My fencing husband would LOVE such a gift if I could come across it.

      If anyone else has a wish list please post it and I will do my best to share
      what little I have :)

      Isabella
    • Trey Capnerhurst
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2002

        Hello everyone,
        I decided that I would share my wish list with all of you. I figure some of
        you must have the recipes I need and will share :)

        These are all things I would like to make in the next few weeks. I am
        putting together an herbal med. box :)

        Muscle rub (have bruise cream now  want something to take the sting out of
        sore muscles)..
        I don't recommend a rub.  I like getting to the problem itself, so my white oak bark is my best friend after kung fu class.

        A decoction of white oak bark eliminates the acid buildup in overworked muscles, thereby removing the pain and in some cases some of the damage of strained tissue.  Works in about 30 minutes, and since it removes the cause, the pain doesn't return.

        At least until the next time we push ourselves like dunces.

        Treasach

      • newbrg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2002
          In a message dated 6/10/02 8:18:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          theresabrooks@... writes:

          > ran out to my local herb shop yesterday... MY GOODNESS the cost of
          > colendula $47.00 per pound :(

          How much do you need? I have quite a lot left over from the last project I
          cooked up. And it didn't cost me QUITE that much, either. (Although, note, a
          pound of calendula takes up a fair amount of space. Sorta like feathers.)

          Johanna
        • Theresa Brooks
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2002
            Thank you,
             I am fine with it now. I got a good amount (could fill the size of a paper lung bag) and it only ran me 3 bucks. I was just amazed at the cost...
            I will keep you in mind :)

            I got all my Chamomile in now. 50 plants.
            Are any of you planning to come to Saint Eleigus?
            (That is the A&S pent that Dragonship Haven is having in September. There is a whole ton of categories that herbs can fall under.)
            I would be MORE then happy to hand some off :)

            Isabella